The North Bay Police Service is hiring PART-TIME SPECIAL CONSTABLE
Special Constables provide courthouse security, prisoner escorts and serve summonses and subpoenas. In order to be considered, applicants for the position of Special Constable must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or lawfully able to work in Canada.
- At least eighteen years of age.
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to his or her own safety, and the safety of the public.
- Of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Be able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Be able to provide proof of educational minimum of a secondary school diploma or its official equivalent.
- Provide proof of a valid ATS Special Constable Test Results Profile or an Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (O.A.C.P.) Certificate of Results.
- Provide proof of a valid Standard First Aid certificate
Applicants are required to provide a valid ATS Special Constable Test Results Profile, First Aid Certificate, along with a résumé and completed application form to the North Bay Police Service Human Resources department. Scroll down below to obtain a Civilian application form, or request one from the Human Resources department at the North Bay Police Service.
Candidates will be evaluated over several stages, which will include a panel interview, personality assessment, background investigation, driving test, and Use of Force testing. If you have a recognized disability that could adversely affect your performance in participating in our testing, it is your responsibility to inform the North Bay Police Service Human Resources department at your earliest convenience PRIOR TO ATTENDING scheduled testing. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a successful medical exam.
Compensation: $27.55 per hour + 8% in lieu of benefits and 5.4% vacation pay.
Hours: This part-time position requires the candidate to be available to work shifts and to be available for call-ins any time.No minimum guarantee in terms of hours as per collective agreement.
Please forward your application no later than Friday, May 26th, 2017 to:
North Bay Police Service
Attn: Human Resources
135 Princess St. W., P.O. Box 717
North Bay, ONP1B 8J8
The North Bay Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.