Police seek public’s assistance in investigation into collision in parking lot
Vehicle extensively damaged in parking lot
The North Bay Police Service seeks the public’s assistance in an investigation into a collision that took place on Saturday, March 4th, 2017, sometime between 2 p.m. and 2:45 p.m., in shopping mall Parking Lot #1 at 1500 Fisher Street. The front bumper of a parked brown CRV was extensively damaged.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Cst. Buccholz at the North Bay Police Station at 705-497-5555. For those who wish to remain anonymous, call Near North Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477(TIPS) or submit a tip online at http://nearnorthcrimestoppers.com.
Important Notice when causing damage to parked vehicles
If you hit and damage a parked vehicle when driving, you must inform the driver. If you are unable to locate the driver, leave a note. To protect your personal information, you can inform the driver that you will be leaving your information with the Collision Reporting Centre. Then, follow up with the Collision Reporting Centre, located at 135 Princess Street West, tel. 705-497-1600.
When to call 9-1-1
If you are involved in or witness a collision that involves any of the following situations, call 9-1-1:
- injuries or fatalities;
- pedestrians or cyclists;
- vehicles requiring tow trucks;
- damage to public or private property (signs, fences, utility poles, etc.);
- municipal, provincial and federal government vehicles;
- hazardous or dangerous goods; and/or
- suspected criminal activity, such as impaired driving, stolen vehicle, uninsured/suspended driver, fail to remain at the stop at the scene of an accident, etc.
Visit the Collision Reporting Centre if…
If none of the above conditions apply and the collision occurred in North Bay or Callander and the combined vehicle damage exceeds $2,000, complete the following steps:
- If it’s safe to do so, remove your vehicle from traffic areas;
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) and witness(es);
- Bring in your vehicle and the information, in person, to the Collision Reporting Centre at 135 Princess Street West, North Bay during hours of operation.
For more info, visit https://www.northbaypolice.ca/traffic/collision-reporting-centre.