Numerous thefts from vehicles over weekend
North Bay Police are currently investigating a number of reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles that took place over the weekend. Motorists are reminded to always remove valuables and to lock their vehicles when leaving them unattended.
- Hammond Street: loose change taken; flashlight left behind and seized by police
- Hammond Street: loose change taken
- Laurier Avenue: cash and vehicle documents taken
- Ferguson Street: wallet, ID, coat taken
- Third Avenue: leather jacket and phone cords
- Laurier Avenue: no theft; items inside vehicle thrown around
If you witness suspicious activity in your neighbourhood, such as a person walking from vehicle to vehicle checking door handles, call 9-1-1 immediately to report what you have seen to police.
How to submit a tip
Anyone with information that may assist police with these investigations is asked to contact the North Bay Police Service at 705-497-5555. For those who wish to remain anonymous, contact Near North Crime Stoppers, by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by submitting a tip online at nearnorthcrimestoppers.com.