Two face drug charges
On Saturday evening, following a traffic stop conducted at Ann and Front Streets, North Bay Police Service patrol and Street Crime Unit officers arrested and charged:
Selina Gloria Jean Protos, age 39, of Commanda, Ontario, with:
- One count of possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking;
- One count of possession of suboxone; and
- One count of possession of property obtained by crime, all under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- She was also charged with “driving while under suspension,” under Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act.
Michel Larabie, age 33, of West Nipissing with:
- One count of possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking.
Following a search of their persons and of the vehicle, police seized as evidence:
- 527 methamphetamine pills;
- 1.5 Suboxone pills; and
- $725 in Canadian currency.
The street value of the drugs seized is estimated at over $3,100.
Both accused were released from custody with court appearances scheduled for March 21st, 2017.