Public’s assistance sought in break and enter investigation
North Bay Police are currently investigation a break and enter that was reported to police yesterday morning. An unknown person or persons gained entry to a business located on the 100 block of Chippewa Street East sometime overnight between Wednesday, January 25th and Thursday, January 26th, 2017 and caused significant damage to the building. Reported missing is a cash box with cash.
How to submit a tip
Anyone with information that may assist police with this investigation is asked to contact Cst. Buccholtz at the North Bay Police Service at 705-497-5555. For those who wish to remain anonymous, contact Near North Crime Stoppers, by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by submitting a tip online at nearnorthcrimestoppers.com.
Crime Prevention Tips for Businesses
The North Bay Police Service advises business owners to follow these crime prevention tips:
- Keep the interior, front and rear entrances of your building well-lit at night.
- Do not cover storefront windows with large displays or posters that block the view into the business.
- Loading areas should be kept clean and free of large objects that could be used to hide behind or climb up to second floors or rooftops.
- Install an alarm system.
- Install a video surveillance camera in areas with sufficient light to capture video images at night.
- Empty your cash register at the end of each working day and display it to show that it is empty.
- Post clearly visible “No Cash on Premises” signs at entrances.