Man faces several charges following incident in family home
Early this morning, following an investigation into a 9-1-1 call reporting a violent incident that took place in a Callander residence, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
A 20-year old Callander man with:
- One count of uttering threats to cause death;
- One count of mischief under $5,000;
- One count of forcible confinement;
- One count of assault;
- One count of assault with intent to resist arrest;
- One count of possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm;
- One count of careless use of a firearm; and
- One count of breach of probation.
It is alleged that during the evening of Monday, January 9th, 2017, while the accused was at home, he threatened and assaulted a family member and prevented her from leaving the premises. He is also accused of damaging a household object.
Once police arrived at the residence and announced to the accused that he was under arrest, he resisted arrest by attempting to assault police. Following a search after the arrest, police seized as evidence a flare gun that had been loaded with a 12-gauge shotgun shell.
In the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, who was not physically injured as a result of this incident, the North Bay Police Service will not be releasing the name of the accused, who was held in custody pending a bail hearing.