Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 246 calls for service and arrested and charged five people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with one count of domestic assault and one count of breach of probation;
- One person was charge with drive while ability impaired by drug;
- One person was charged with one count of domestic assault;
- One person was charged with public intoxication; and
- One person was charged with one count of breach of Officer in Charge undertaking.
Man faces charges following domestic dispute
Police were immediately dispatched to a neighbourhood north of High Street and south of Highway 17 early Sunday morning, following a 9-1-1 call from a witness reporting a dispute between a man and a woman.
As a result of the investigation, police arrested and charged a 22-year old North Bay man with:
- one count of domestic assault; and
- one count of breach of probation.
It is alleged that at approximately 3:35 a.m. on Sunday September 18th, 2016, the accused and his female partner were having a heated argument on the street. The woman’s scream woke up a witness in the neighbourhood, who observed the man chasing her. It is alleged that the accused then punched her. Police located and arrested the accused on foot a short time later. The woman did not require medical attention as a result of this occurrence.
The accused, whose name the North Bay Police Service will not be releasing in the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, was later released from custody with a court date scheduled for September 27th, 2016.