Back to School traffic enforcement – Tuesday September 13th Results
Results of our Back to School traffic enforcement for Tuesday September 13th are in:
- As reported in yesterday’s media release, one driver was ticketed $490 (includes victim surcharge and court costs) for failing to stop for a school bus at 2677 Trout Lake Road yesterday morning;
- Nine drivers were issued speeding tickets in the Community Safety Zone on O’Brien Street while the amber lights were flashing between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to indicate that the speed limit is reduced to 40 km/h. The highest speed registered at 62 km/h.
- Three drivers were issued speeding tickets in the Community Safety Zone on Marshall Avenue while the amber lights were flashing between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to indicate that the speed limit is reduced to 40 km/h. The highest speed registered at 58 km/h.
- Police followed school buses along school routes yesterday afternoon. All drivers observed by police were respecting the rules of the road.
The North Bay Police Service’s Traffic Unit is currently investigating reports from Stock Transportation school bus drivers of driver infractions from the past few days. In ALL the cases reported below, school bus drivers and other witnesses observed drivers who failed to stop for a school bus while its upper red lights were flashing and its stop arm was extended:
On Friday September 9th:
- At approximately 7:49 a.m. at 659 McKeown Avenue
- At approximately 7:58 a.m. at 1649 Jane Street
- At approximately 8 a.m. on Tower Drive
- At approximately 8:22 a.m. at 869 Algonquin Avenue
- At approximately 3:15 p.m. at 1140 Front Street
- At approximately 3:27 p.m. at Alexander Road at Eglee Avenue
- At approximately 3:32 p.m. at 579 Worthington Street East (motorcycle failed to stop)
- At approximately 3:33 p.m. at 2469 Trout Lake Road
On Monday September 12th:
- At approximately 7:45 a.m. at 542 Algonquin Avenue
- At approximately 7:45 a.m. at 1073 Cassells Street
- At approximately 7:45 a.m. at 1175 Cassells Street
- At approximately 7:52 a.m. at 537 Hardy Street
- At approximately 3:20 p.m. at 958 Stockdale Road
- At approximately 3:30 p.m. at 836 Algonquin Avenue
The North Bay Police Service’s Back to School Traffic Enforcement Campaign continues every weekday until Friday. Drivers are reminded to STOP for the school bus in BOTH DIRECTIONS when its upper red lights are flashing, to REDUCE SPEED to 40 km/h in community safety zones and to WAIT for pedestrians, including school crossing guards, to completely cross the road before proceeding at school crossings.