Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 242 calls for service and arrested and charged 17 people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with fraud over $5000 and utter forged documents;
- One person was charged with robbery, three counts of possession (morphine, oxycodone and marijuana) and breach of probation;
- One person was charged with three counts of trafficking, one count of possession for the purpose of trafficking, one count of possession of property obtained by crime and one count of breach of recognizance;
- One person was charged with one count of possession of methamphetamine;
- Three people were charged with domestic assault;
- One person was charged with driving with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in blood;
- One person was charged with theft under $5000 (shoplifting);
- Two people were charged with theft under $5000 (shoplifting) and breaches;
- One person was charged with fraud under $5000;
- One person was charged with public intoxication and fare fraud;
- Three people were charged with public intoxication; and
- One person was charged with breaches.
Man faces charges for fraud
At police headquarters on Sunday evening, following an ongoing fraud investigation that began in February 2015, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
Andrew Taylor Aho, age 45 of North Bay with:
- one count of fraud over $5000; and
- one count of utter forged documents.
It is alleged that between June 2013 and January 2015, the accused submitted fraudulent proof of service slips to a local registered charity for personal gain.
The accused was later released from custody with a court date scheduled for Tuesday September 13th, 2016.
Man faces charges for robbery and drug possession
On Friday, following an investigation into a robbery that was reported to police on Wednesday, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
Calvin William Larondeau, age 28, of North Bay, with:
- one count of robbery;
- three counts of possession of a controlled substance; and
- one count of breach of probation.
It is alleged that on Wednesday August 3rd, 2016 at about 10:45 p.m., while outside on the 1100 block of Cassells Street, the accused pushed and punched a male pedestrian. He then robbed the dazed victim of his cash and fled the scene by bicycle. Police were unable to locate the accused at the time.
Shortly before 6 p.m. on Friday August 5th, police located and arrested the accused outside on Main Street East. Following a search of his person after his arrest, police seized a small quantity of morphine pills, Oxycodone pills and marijuana.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Man faces charges for drug trafficking
On Friday, following an ongoing Controlled Drugs and Substances Act investigation, officers with the North Bay Police Service’s Street Crime unit arrested and charged:
Dale Gordon Couvrette, age 41, of North Bay with:
- three counts of trafficking;
- one count of possession for the purpose of trafficking;
- one count of possession of property obtained by crime; and
- one count of breach of recognizance.
Couvrette is accused of selling marijuana to a 42-year old North Bay on Main Street East on the evening of Saturday July 30th, 2016, of selling Clonazepam pills to a 40-year old North Bay man on Main Street East on the afternoon of Thursday, August 4th, 2016, and of selling methamphetamine pills to a 34-year old North Bay man on O’Brien Street at Sixth Avenue on the afternoon of Friday August 5th, 2016. Police observed this last transaction and arrested him nearby.
As a result of a search of his person following his arrest, police seized as evidence a small quantity of methamphetamine pills and marijuana, and $50 in Canadian currency.
The accused was held in custody pending bail.
At the time of these three occurrences, police arrested and searched the three individuals who purchased drugs from Couvrette, charging each of them with one count of possession of a controlled substance. They were all released from custody with court dates.