Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 275 calls for service and arrested and charged nine people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with assault with a weapon following a domestic dispute;
- One person was charged with one count of assault and one count of mischief under $5000;
- One person was charged with possession of stolen property (bicycle recovered);
- Four people were charged with breaches; and
- Two people were charged with public intoxication.
Domestic violence incident leads to charge
Following an investigation into a domestic dispute that took place on Friday evening, North Bay Police arrested and charged a 45-year old North Bay man with one count of assault with a weapon.
It is alleged that on Friday July 15th, 2016 at approximately 8:20 p.m., a domestic dispute between the accused and his female partner outside their North Bay residence turned violent when the accused threw a lawnmower at her. The victim was not injured.
The accused, whose name the North Bay Police Service is withholding in the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, was released from custody with a court appearance scheduled for July 26th, 2016.