Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 201 calls for service and arrested and charged eleven people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with one count of assault, one count of mischief under $5000, one count of forcible confinement and two counts of breach of undertaking;
- One person was charged with one count of fraud under $5000;
- Seven people were charged with public intoxication; and
- Two people were charged with breaches.
Domestic dispute leads to several charges
Following an investigation into a domestic violence complaint reported to police on Sunday afternoon, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
A 39-year old North Bay man with:
- one count of assault;
- one count of mischief under $5000;
- one count of forcible confinement; and
- two counts of breach of Officer in Charge undertaking.
It is alleged that at about 12:30 p.m. on Sunday April 24th, 2016, an argument between the accused and his female partner in her North Bay residence turned violent when the accused pushed her and punched a nearby television, causing it to fall over and break. The accused then prevented the victim’s attempts to leave. Shortly thereafter, police attended the residence, where he was arrested.
The victim was transported to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The accused, whose name the North Bay Police Service is withholding in the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, was held in custody for bail.