Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 227 calls for service and arrested and charged three people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with one count of assault causing bodily harm and one count of breach of probation;
- One person was charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of forcible confinement;
- One person was charged with two counts of breach of probation.
Man faces charges following domestic dispute
Following an investigation into a domestic violence incident on Sunday, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
A 28-year old North Bay man with:
- One count of assault causing bodily harm; and
- One count of breach of probation.
It is alleged that a verbal dispute between the accused and his common-law partner in their shared residence on Sunday April 17th, 2016 at approximately 1 a.m. turned violent when he hit her. The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries as a result. Police were dispatched to the scene shortly thereafter following a 911 hang-up and arrested him on site.
The accused was held in custody for a bail hearing.
Man accused of sexual assault/forcible confinement
Following an investigation into a sexual assault complaint reported to police on Friday afternoon, North Bay Police arrested:
A 55-year old man at his North Bay residence on Saturday morning and charged him with:
- One count of sexual assault; and
- One count of forcible confinement.
It is alleged that the accused sexually assaulted a woman known to him at his residence on Sunday April 3rd and prevented her from leaving. The woman was able to contact a friend who arrived at the residence to help her leave. The victim and her friend left the scene together shortly thereafter.
The accused was released from custody with a court date scheduled for May 24th, 2016.