Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 265 calls for service and arrested and charged 12 people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with one count of break and enter, two counts of assault; and one count of resist arrest;
- Four people were charged with public intoxication;
- One person was charged with impaired driving; drive over 80 mgs of alcohol in blood and driving without a licence;
- One person was charged with driver over 80;
- One person was charged with aggravated sexual assault;
- One person was charged with one count of mischief under $5000, one count of assault peace officer and two counts of breach of probation, related to a domestic occurrence;
- One person was charged with one count of mischief under $5000 and three counts of breach of recognizance;
- One person was charged with public intoxication under the Liquor Licence Act and fail to leave premises when directed under the Trespass to Property Act; and
- One person was charged with one count of breach of officer in charge undertaking; and one count of breach of probation.
Man faces charges for break & enter, assault and resist arrest
Following an investigation into complaints of assault that were reported to police Friday afternoon, North Bay Police arrested and charged Paul Roland St. Pierre, age 27, of North Bay with:
- One count of break and enter;
- Two counts of assault; and
- One count of resist arrest.
It is alleged that the accused forced his way into a residence on McIntyre Street East, causing damage, and assaulted two occupants inside at about 4 p.m. on Friday March 11th, 2016. Later, after police conducted an investigation at the scene, he resisted arrest before police were able to take him into custody.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.