Two face charges following traffic stop by Street Crime Unit
Following an ongoing Controlled Drugs and Substances Act investigation and a traffic stop conducted downtown yesterday afternoon, officers with the North Bay Police Service’s Street Crime unit arrested and charged:
The driver, a 39-year old male of East Ferris, with:
- One count of breach of recognizance under the Criminal Code and
- Drive While Under Suspension under the Highway Traffic Act
The passenger, Jason Michael Frew, age 39 of North Bay with:
- Four counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking; and
- One count of possession of property obtained by crime.
Following a traffic stop conducted on Ferguson Street on March 30th, 2016 shortly after 4 p.m., North Bay Police arrested the driver while the passenger attempted to flee the scene by running. Police chased the accused into a restaurant on Main Street West where he was arrested.
As a result of the search following Mr. Frew’s arrest, North Bay Police seized:
- four Methamphetamine pills;
- eight 30-milligram Statex Morphine pills;
- thirteen 50-milligram Codeine Contin;
- 95 grams of marijuana; and
- $239.75 in Canadian currency.
The total value of the drugs seized is estimated at $1200.
Both accused were held in custody pending bail hearings.