North Bay man accused of trafficking Hydromorphone pills
Following an ongoing Controlled Drugs and Substances Act investigation and a traffic stop conducted in Mattawa shortly after 6 p.m. on Monday March 21st, the North Bay Police Service’s Street Crime Unit arrested and charged:
Marc Andrew Gelinas, age 45, of North Bay with:
- One count of possession for the purpose of trafficking;
- One count of trafficking in a schedule I substance;
- One count of possession of property obtained by crime; and
- One count of fail to comply with an Officer in Charge undertaking
As a result of the investigation, the North Bay Police Service seized:
- 360 Hydromorphone pills (30 mg each) with an estimate value of $30 each (total $10,800);
- $1090 in Canadian currency; and
- the accused’s pickup truck (estimate value of $21,000) as offence-related property.
The accused was held in custody for a bail hearing.