Long Weekend Occurrences
Over Easter long weekend, from Friday March 25th to Monday March 28th, 2016, the North Bay Police Service responded to 286 calls for service and arrested and charged six people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with one count of false alarm of fire and one count of mischief under $5000;
- One person was charged with one count of assault, one count of utter threats, one count of breach of recognizance and three counts of breach of probation;
- One person was charged with one count of utter threats and one count of breach of probation;
- One person was charged with two counts of utter threats; and
- Two people were charged with public intoxication.
Man faces charges for false fire alarm
Following an investigation into a mischief complaint reported to police early Friday morning, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
A 47-year old man, of Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario with:
- One count of false alarm of fire; and
- One count of mischief under $5,000.
It is alleged that at 1 a.m. on Friday March 25th, 2016 on Delaware Avenue, the accused kicked a hotel room door and then pulled the fire alarm. Guests of the hotel were required to vacate the premises as a result of the false alarm. Fire and police arrived to investigate shortly thereafter.
North Bay Police arrested the accused at the scene. He was later released from custody with a court date scheduled for Tuesday May 3rd, 2016.
Man faces charged for assault and threats
Following an investigation into a domestic violence complaint reported to police on Saturday morning, North Bay Police arrested and charged:
A 42-year old North Bay man with:
- One count of assault;
- One count of utter threats;
- One count of breach of recognizance; and
- Three counts of breach of probation.
It is alleged that on Saturday, March 26th, 2016 shortly after 6 a.m., an argument between the accused and his estranged partner turned violent when he grabbed her and threatened her in her residence. The woman was not injured. Police located the accused on Sunday morning when he was arrested and charged and held him in custody for a bail hearing.