Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 202 calls for service, and arrested and charged 11 people with the following offences:
- Seven people were charged for public intoxication;
- Two people were charged with mischief under $5000;
- One person was charged with one count of fail to stop at the scene of an accident and three counts of breach of undertaking under the Criminal Code and issued a provincial offence notice for careless driving under the Highway Traffic Act; and
- One person was charged with theft under $5000.
Man faces charges for failing to stop at the scene of an accident
Following an investigation into a collision that took place early Saturday morning, North Bay Police arrested and charged a 24-year old North Bay man with:
- One count fail to stop at the scene of an accident and three counts of breach of undertaking under the Criminal Code; and
- careless driving under the Highway Traffic Act.
It is alleged that on Saturday November 21st, 2015, shortly after 3:30 a.m., the accused was driving with two passengers on Mountanview Road, when he made a left turn onto Wickstead Avenue, lost control, rolled over and landed back on the vehicle’s wheels. Both passengers sustained non-life-threatening injuries, exited the vehicle and fled the scene on foot. The accused drove away in the severally damaged vehicle.
North Bay Police located both passengers shortly thereafter.
With the assistance of the O.P.P. canine unit, North Bay Police located the vehicle and the accused at a residence in the vicinity, where he was arrested.
The accused was held in custody for a bail hearing.