Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 225 calls for service, and arrested and charged 10 people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with two counts of assault with a weapon and one count of uttering threats;
- One person was charged with one count of theft under $5000 from a motor vehicle, one count of attempt break and enter, and one count of attempt theft under $5000;
- One person was charged with one count of sexual assault, one count of voyeurism and two counts of breach of undertaking, all related to domestic occurrences;
- One person was charged with impaired driving;
- One person was charged with driving with more than 80 mgs of alcohol in blood;
- Two people were charged with theft under $5000 (shoplifting);
- One person was charged with public intoxication;
- One person was charged with one count of breach of undertaking and one count of breach of probation; and
- One person was charged with breach of probation.
North Bay man faces charges for assault with a weapon
At 2:19 p.m. on Friday November 13th, 2015, North Bay Police were dispatched to Fisher and McIntyre Streets following a report of a disturbance involving two men and a woman.
As a result of the investigation, North Bay Police charged a 45-year old North Bay man with:
- Two counts of assault with a weapon; and
- One count of uttering threats.
It is alleged that an argument between the three turned violent when the accused, who is in a relationship with the woman, threatened and assaulted the male victim with a baseball bat and a pool cue. Police seized both items as evidence.
The male victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries as a result of this occurrence.
In the interest of protecting the identity of the woman involved in this incident, North Bay Police will not be releasing the name of the accused, who was released from custody with a court date scheduled for December 15th, 2015.