Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 254 calls for service, and arrested and charged 12 people with the following offences:
- Eight people were charged with intoxication in a public place;
- One person was charged with one count domestic assault and one count of assault with a weapon;
- One person was charged with one count of domestic assault and one count of uttering threats;
- One person was charged with one count of possession of marijuana; and one count of possession of property obtained by crime; and
- One person was charged with breach of recognizance.
North Bay man faces domestic assault charges
Following an investigation into a domestic assault complaint reported to police on Sunday November 8th, North Bay Police arrested a 30-year old man at his North Bay residence and charged him with:
- One count of assault with a weapon; and
- One count of assault.
It is alleged that on Wednesday, November 4th, 2015, an argument between the accused and his female partner turned violent when the accused assaulted her with a household object. It is also alleged that following another argument between the two on Thursday November 5th, 2015, the accused physically assaulted her.
The victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries as a result of these incidents.
In the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, the North Bay Police Service will not be releasing the name of the accused, who was released from custody with a court date scheduled for November 24th, 2015.
Traffic stop leads to charges
Shortly after 3 a.m. on Saturday November 7th, North Bay Police conducted a traffic stop at Worthington Street West and Ferguson of a vehicle with unauthorized licence plates.
Following an investigation and a search subsequent to the arrest, police charged the male driver of Capreol, Ontario with:
- one count of possession of marijuana; and
- one count of possession of property obtained by crime.
Police seized the stolen plates and a small amount of marijuana as evidence. The accused was released from custody with a court date scheduled for 7 November 2015.