Over the weekend, the North Bay Police Service responded to 258 calls for service, and arrested and charged eight people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with five counts of mischief under $5000, one count of mischief over $5000, one count of cruelty to animals, one count of criminal harassment, one count of arson causing damage to property and one count of arson with a disregard for human life (as reported in a news release the Service issued on Sunday 27 September 2015);
- One person was charged with production of a controlled substance (as reported in a news release the Service issued on Sunday 27 September 2015);
- One person was charged with break and enter and commit theft over $5000;
- Four people were charged with public intoxication; and
- One person was charged with two counts of theft under $5000 (shoplifting) and one count of breach of probation.
North Bay man faces charge of break and enter and commit theft over $5000
Following an investigation into a report of break and enter and theft that occurred at approximately 3:40 a.m. on Sunday September 27th, 2015 at a local restaurant, North Bay Police arrested and charged Justin Proulx, age 26, of North Bay with:
- one count of break and enter and commit theft over $5000.
It is alleged that the accused entered the premises after hours and removed over $5000 in cash from a secure location within the premises. There was no evidence of damage to the premises as a result of this occurrence.