Over the weekend, North Bay Police responded to 245 calls for service, and arrested and charged nine people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with one count of mischief under $5000, one count of assault police officer and one count of breach of probation;
- One person was charged with one count of uttering threats related to a domestic incident and issued a PON for public intoxication;
- One person was charged with one count of assault with a weapon and one count of mischief;
- One person was charged with two counts of trafficking in a controlled substance, two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking and one count of possession of property obtained by crime;
- Four people were charged for public intoxication; and
- One person was charged with one count of domestic assault.
North Bay man faces charges for mischief and assault
Following an investigation into a report to police about a disturbance at a North Bay residence on Sunday morning, North Bay Police arrested and charged Buck Jerry Bellaire, age 40, of North Bay with:
- one count of mischief under $5000;
- one count of assault police officer; and
- one count of breach of probation.
It is alleged that the accused and another male were arguing loudly throughout Saturday night while in a unit of a multi-unit residential building in North Bay. When a resident in a neighbouring unit confronted the accused about the noise the next morning, the accused became upset. He then went outside into the backyard, where he started to yell. Fearing for her safety, the neighbour locked the building’s door and called police. The accused then proceeded to damage the door. Police arrived shortly thereafter to investigate. While they were speaking to the accused about the damaged property, he assaulted an officer.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing today.
North Bay man faces charge for threats
A 46-year old North Bay man faces charges following a domestic incident which occurred on Saturday.
It is alleged that a verbal argument between the accused and his female partner, which took place in their downtown residence on Saturday 29 August 2015 at approximately 8 p.m., turned violent when he threatened her. Out of concern for her safety, the victim contacted police. Police responded immediately and located the accused outside the residence in a suspected intoxicated state. Following an investigation, police arrested and charged him with one count of uttering threats under the Criminal Code. He was also issued a provincial offence notice for public intoxication under the Liquor Licence Act.
In the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, North Bay Police will not be releasing the name of the accused, who was held in custody for a bail hearing.
North Bay woman faces charges for assault with a weapon
A 19-year old woman faces charges following a domestic incident which occurred on Wednesday.
It is alleged that on Wednesday 26 August 2015 at approximately 1:15 a.m. a verbal argument between the accused and her boyfriend at his residence turned violent when the accused assaulted him with an object. It is also alleged that she caused damage to the exterior of the building. A witness contacted police to report the incident. The accused fled the scene on foot before police arrived. Police searched the area but were unable to locate her at the time.
Aware that there was a warrant for her arrest, the accused contacted police at approximately 1:35 pm. on Saturday August 29th. As a result of the investigation, North Bay Police arrested her at her residence and charged her with:
- one count of assault with a weapon; and
- one count of mischief.
The accused, whose name will not be released in the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, was held in custody for a bail hearing.
Arnstein woman faces drug charges
Following an ongoing Street Crime Unit drug trafficking investigation, North Bay Police arrested and chargedDarlene Walters, age 54, of Arnstein, Ontario with:
- two counts of trafficking in a controlled substance;
- two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking; and
- one count of possession of property obtained by crime.
The arrest occurred following a traffic stop on Saturday 29 August 2015 at approximately 4 p.m., in the area of Highway 522 and a subsequent search.
North Bay Police seized $1,445 in Canadian currency; 201 Percocet pills and 200 morphine pills with a combined street value of approximately $15,407; and her vehicle as offence-related property.
The accused was released from custody with a court date scheduled for 6 October 2015.