Over the weekend, North Bay Police responded to 250 calls for service, and arrested and charged nine people with the following offences:
- One person was charged with mischief over $5000 and theft over $5000;
- One person was charged with two counts of domestic assault, one count of mischief under $5000 and two counts of breach of recognizance;
- Three people were charged with public intoxication;
- One person was charged with driving with more than over 80 mg of alcohol in blood;
- One person was charged with breach of probation;
- One person was charged with one count of trafficking, one count of possession for the purpose of trafficking and one count of possession of property obtained by crime; and
- One person was charged with one count of possession of a controlled substance.
Hydro line down – London-area man accused of theft and mischief
Shortly before 9:45 p.m. on Saturday August 15th, 2015, the North Bay Police Service, North Bay Fire and Emergency Services and North Bay Hydro responded immediately to a report of a hydro line that was down on College Drive.
Shortly after 4 a.m. on Sunday August 16th, following an investigation, North Bay Police arrested Michael Marynowski, age 29, of Arva, Ontario at the campus residence on College Drive (where he was staying over the weekend) and charged him with:
- One count of mischief over $5000; and
- One count of theft over $5000.
It is alleged that the accused entered an excavator, which was unlocked with the keys inside, and moved it approximately thirty feet without permission. He also spun the cabin from side to side and extended the bucket arm, hitting a hydro pole and causing it to break. As a result, electrical supplies were interrupted and traffic light systems malfunctioned.
The accused was held in custody for bail.
North Bay man faces charges for domestic assault and mischief
Shortly after 3:30 p.m. on Sunday August 16th, North Bay Police responded to a report of a domestic assault. Following an investigation, police arrested and charged a 25-year old North Bay man with:
• two counts of assault;
• one count of mischief under $5000; and
• two counts of breach of recognizance.
It is alleged that on Friday, August 7th, 2015, an argument between the accused and his female common-law partner turned violent when he physically assaulted her. On Sunday August 16th, another argument between the two turned violent when the accused threw an object at their shared vehicle and damaged it. He then physically assaulted her inside their residence.
The accused was held in custody for bail. In the interest of protecting the identity of the victim, North Bay Police will not be releasing the name of the accused.
Two North Bay residents face drug-related charges
On Friday August 14th, at approximately 2:25 p.m., officers from the North Bay Police Service’s Street Crime Unit, observed a drug transaction take place between two people in a vehicle parked in the rear parking lot of the shopping mall on Fisher Street.
North Bay Police arrested Amber Nancy Young, age 24, of North Bay at the scene and, following a search subsequent to the arrest, charged her with:
- one count of trafficking Hydromorph Contin pills;
- one count of possession for the purpose of trafficking Hydromorph Contin pills; and
- one count of possession of property obtained by crime.
Also arrested at the scene was a 34-year old North Bay woman. Following a search subsequent to the arrest, North Bay Police charged her with one count of possession of a controlled substance.
North Bay Police seized six Hydromorph Contin capsules with a street value estimated at $180; $75 in Canadian currency; and the accused’s vehicle as offense-related property.
Both accused were released from custody with court dates scheduled for September 22nd, 2015.