North Bay man faces several sexual assault charges
On Thursday August 13th, following an investigation into a sexual assault complaint that began earlier this month, the North Bay Police arrested and charged a 73-year old North Bay man, with:
- Three counts of indecent assault on a female;
- Three counts of gross indecency;
- Five counts of sexual assault on a person under 16;
- Five counts of sexual interference with a person under 16; and
- Two counts of criminal harassment.
It is alleged that on separate and several occasions from 1973 to 1999, the accused committed sexual acts against eight girls, aged between 5 and 16 at the time of the offences, and criminal harassed two of them. All victims were known to the accused, who was in a position of trust over each of them.
In the interest of protecting the identities of the victims, the North Bay Police Service will not be releasing the name of the accused, who was held in custody for bail.