North Bay man faces numerous sexual assault charges
Yesterday (Tuesday 11 August 2015), following an ongoing investigation, North Bay Police arrested and charged a 45-year old North Bay man with:
- Two counts of sexual interference with a person under 16 years of age;
- Two counts of invitation to sexual touching with a person under 16 years of age;
- One count of sexual assault;
- One count of sexual assault on a person under 16 years of age;
- One count of sexual exploitation; and
- One count of sexual exploitation of a person with a disability.
It is alleged that in the early 1990s, the accused sexually assaulted two female pre-teen victims while they were under the accused’s supervision. The accused continued to sexually abuse one the victims into the 2000s while she was under the accused’s care.
In the interest of protecting the identity of the victims, the North Bay Police Service will not be releasing the name of the accused, who was held in custody pending a bail hearing today.