Over the weekend, North Bay Police responded to 253 calls for service, and arrested and charged 10 people with the following offences:
• Three people were charged for public intoxication;
• One person was charged for theft under $5000;
• One person was charged for impaired driving and drive over 80 mg;
• One person was charged for impaired driving;
• Three people were charged for breaches (undertaking/recognizance);
• One person was charged with several counts related to a firearm (see below for details).
North Bay man faces charged related to a firearm
Following an investigation into a report to North Bay Police about a handgun that was found in a North Bay residence, police arrested a 30-year North Bay man at police headquarters on Sunday April 12th and charged him with:
• one count of unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon;
• one count of possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized;
• one count of possession of a restricted weapon with ammunition;
• one count of possession contrary to a prohibition order;
• one count of careless storage of a firearm; and
• one count of possession of property obtained by crime.
It is alleged that the found firearm is the same as the one reported stolen to the Ontario Provincial Police from a break and enter that occurred in South River, Ontario in February 2012.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing today.